August 31, 2017: Heading to the US Conference on AIDS 2017 next week? PWN members and allies will be in full effect! Our dynamic and fierce members will be sitting on panels and leading discussions in workshops and plenaries. Check out our full list of recommended sessions below and join in the conversation!
- 9 AM – 5 PM: NMAC HIV/STD Action Day. Convene on the steps of the Capitol to speak out against proposed federal budget cuts that would devastate HIV care.
- 10:40 AM: Pre-Conference on Faith & Stigma, with Cameron Crump, Brian Minalga, Paula & Felix Sirls, Meta Smith-Davis
- Universal Health Care, Not Tax Cuts Action, organized by Housing Works and the Center for Popular Democracy. Register to get details here.
**Wear your PWN T-shirt! Meet us for our group photo outside the Marquis Ballroom at 2:30 PM, right after the lunch plenary.**
- 10:15 AM: Nothing About Us Without Us: PLHIV’s Role in Ending HIV Criminalization, with Barb Cardell, Kamaria Laffrey, Tiommi Luckett & Robert Suttle
- 10:15 AM: Latin Trans in HIV Care, with Arianna Lint
- 2:30 PM (or immediately following lunch plenary): Meet us outside the Marquis Ballroom (plenary room) for a PWN group photo! (Wear your PWN T-shirt if you have one!)
- 2:45 PM: Trauma-Informed Care for Women Living with HIV: Tools for Implementation, with Sara Duran, Erin Falvey & Erin Nortrup
- 2:45 PM: Nurturing Multi-disciplinary Care Teams: Building Trust and Dealing with Implicit Bias in the Healthcare Workplace, with Heather Alt, RN Lisa Fitzpatrick, MD, MPH Mitchell Wharton PhD, RN, FNP-BC, CNS
- 5:30-7:30 PM: Keep Female Condoms Within Our Reach! reception and discussion, featuring special guest artist Mary Bowman
- 9 AM: The Missing Rx: Access to Employment Information, Services and Resources, with Brett Andrews, Barb Cardell, Paul Datti, Katte Harrington-Rosen, Ken Hergenrather, Mark Misrok, Kiara St. James, April Watkins
- 9 AM: Social Determinants of Health- Looking closer at racial, ethnic and geographical disparities in health care outcomes, with Erin Athey, David Hardy, Carole Treston, Mitchell Wharton
- 2 PM: Risk, Relevance Role: Conversations and Connections for Women with HIV, with Vignetta Charles, Marsha Jones, Tiommi Luckett & Patrick Sullivan
- 2 PM: Ending HIV in the Trump Era: Risk or Opportunity?, with Barb Cardell, Gina Brown, Jaron Benjamin, Nic Carlisle, Greg Millett, amfAR, Ronald Johnson, Carl Schmid, Tim Westmoreland
- 2 PM: Getting on the Same Page: Viral Suppression and HIV Transmission, with Gina Brown, Jessica Lacy, Bruce Richman, Richard Wolitski
- 4:15 PM: Southern Stigma: New Research; Positive Action, with Gina Brown, Venita Ray, Susan Reif, Meta Smith-Davis, Larry Walker
- 4:15 PM: Caring for the Aging HIV Positive Patient: It Can Be Complicated and It’s the Future, with David Hardy, Jeffrey Kwong
- 7 PM: Film Screening: Nothing Without Us: The Women Who Will End AIDS, featuring Mary Bowman, Gina Brown, Dazon Dixon Diallo, Naina Khanna, Sonia Rastogi
- 9 AM: Building Support for HIV Criminalization Reform and Advocacy, with Erin Athey, Barb Cardell, Sean Strub, Teresa Sullivan, Carole Treston
- 9 AM: HIV Health Care Access: Impact of ACA Repeal Efforts, with Kenyon Farrow, Ramon Gardenhire, Robert Greenwald, Andrea Weddle
- 11:30 AM: Federal Perspectivess on Research, Prevention and Treatment, with Laura Cheever, Anthony Fauci, Maureen Goodenow, Billy Gilman, Jonathan Mermin, Richard Wolitski. **Wear your U=U T-shirt and be ready to speak up!**
- 2 PM: Legend-ins & Young-ins – An Intergenerational Dialogue of Leaders, with Khalib Barton, Gina Brown, Venton C. Hill-Jones Jr., Vanessa Johnson, Farah Jeune, Kamaria Laffrey, Peter McLody
- 2 PM: Ending the Epidemic for Everyone, with Jaron Benjamin, Gina Brown, Nic Carlisle, Greg Millett, Ronald Johnson, Carl Schmid, Tim Westmoreland
- 2 PM: Access to Care and Communities of Color, with Jamille Fields, Suraj Madoori & Venita Ray
- 4:15 PM: Community-Based Strategies to Address HIV Stigma, with Gina Brown, Barb Cardell, Vanessa Johnson, Dwight Peavy & Teresa Sullivan
- 4:15 PM: The Intersection of Racial Justice, Mass Incarceration and HIV in the South, with Maxx Boykin, Vanessa Johnson, Megan McLemore, Charles Stephens, Marvell Terry
- 9 AM: Sex Work & Safe Syringes: HIV Criminalization Advocacy–Beyond Non-Disclosure, with Kathryn Boulton, Sabrina Rewald & Kiefer Paterson
- 9 AM: Ask a Provider: Updates on HIV and HCV Treatment, with Erin Athey, DNP, FNP-BC, RN Lisa Fitzpatrick, MD, MPH Jeffrey Kwong, DNP, MPH, ANP-BC, ACRN
- 11:30 AM: The Power of Women & the Future of Leadership for Women of Color (Closing Plenary), with Gina Brown, Grissel Granados, Tiommi Luckett, Carmen Perez, Linda Sarsour, Linda Scruggs
And whether you are at USCA or at home, keep an eye on PWN-USA’s Facebook and Twitter throughout next week! We will be bringing you live updates, profiles of advocates living with HIV and more! Follow the hashtags #2017usca, #pwnspeaks and #HIVresists.