September 8, 2016 – We are seeking experienced facilitators and trainers in the San Francisco Bay Area who want to become certified on Butterfly Rising, a trauma-informed peer leadership development curriculum for women living with HIV, including women of trans experience. This curriculum was created with the understanding that being able to understand the impact of and heal from past trauma (including child and adult physical, sexual, and emotional abuse; neglect; loss; community violence; structural violence; etc.) is empowering and key to developing one’s leadership potential. This is a paid opportunity. See complete packet for more information on compensation and requirements.
By the end of the training, participants will:
- Increase knowledge and understanding of trauma and its impact on individuals, families, and health-related behaviors.
- Learn to competently deliver the first two days (six modules) of a trauma-informed leadership intervention course to trauma- experienced women living with HIV affiliated with UCSF’s Women’s HIV Program.
Submit the following three items:
- A 1-2 page cover letter telling us about yourself, why you are interested in working with women living with HIV, what your experience is with facilitation and training, and why you are a good fit for this position.
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- TOT Application form on page 4 of packet
All parts of the application should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line TOT Application no later than October 1, 2016.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who submit complete applications and meet all requirements will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please.