The countdown is on and SPEAK UP! is right around the corner! Here are some tips as you get your suitcase out and start getting ready to go!
We will also be holding 2 Summit Orientation Webinars this week to give you a thorough overview of the Summit and what to expect, and to answer your questions. Register for one of the two dates by clicking the link below:
What do I bring?
SPEAK UP! Dress code is business casual. Dress for hot and humid weather outside with air conditioning inside during sessions. You will be sharing a room that has two beds and a mini-fridge (if you indicated that your medications require refrigeration on our participant questionnaire). Wi-fi is available throughout the property. There is beach access and a pool if you arrive early!
What to Pack?
- Pajamas! You will be sharing a room; please pack accordingly.
- Beach towel
- Enough meds – couple extra days’ supply, just in case
- Medical insurance card
- Cellphone charger if you have your cell
- Laptop/tablet and charger if you need one
- State-issued ID
- Sunscreen and hat for the sun; bathing suit if you plan to get in pool or ocean
- Refillable water bottle
- Extra business cards if you have them for networking
- $30, in cash or on your debit card, or credit card, to present at check-in for hotel incidentals (will be refunded)
- Cash for buying T-shirts, jewelry or other items from PWN-USA, our regional chapters or Common Threads; as well as any cash (or funds on your card) you may need for snacks, alcoholic beverages, souvenirs, etc.
Please note! Your Summit registration includes:
- Shared accommodations 9/27 – 9/30 at the Ramada Plaza Fort Walton Beach
- All meals from dinner 9/27 through lunch 9/30
- Limited snacks
- All materials for sessions
- Ground transportation for registered Summit participants ONLY from and back to airport if you are arriving/departed on regularly scheduled days and traveling into and from either Fort Walton Beach or Pensacola airport
- Translation services (if you requested them)
Your Summit registration does NOT include:
- Private hotel rooms
- Hotel rooms for days before or after scheduled Summit start and end dates (9/27 for most, 9/26 for registered Institute participants only; end date 9/30 for all)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Incidentals at hotel (e.g., room service, mini-bar, Pay-per-View, phone, etc.)
- Food or ground transportation for others who may be traveling with you but are not registered for the Summit (e.g., children or spouses)
Planning Your Travel
Summit Schedule: Tues., Sept. 27 – Fri., Sept. 30 (See our full program here!)
Are you flying? We’re giving you a ride to the Ramada!
Shuttles have been reserved for those who are flying and have already sent in their flight information. Complete itineraries are required. If you need ground transportation provided, we need to have your itinerary by the end of the day Tuesday 9/20. Please forward the complete itinerary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be met by a driver from Sunshine Shuttles who will have a list with your name and group arrivals to drive to the hotel together. Look for someone holding a SPEAK UP! Summit sign near the baggage claim.